- This event has passed.
Clam Up Bag
May 21, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm£50.00
Clam Up Pouch
We’ve not ran a weekend bag class for oooh ages so we thought we’d kick off with a fun and easy make. The Clam-up Pouch comes in five sizes are perfect for storing and carrying make-up, sewing supplies, tech gear, and much more. Double-slide zippers and handy grab tabs make the bags easy to open wide and the attached side panels prevent contents from falling out. An optional strap with swivel hook may also be added.
Beginner friendly, to start you on your bag making journey and an ideal make for those experienced in bag making and fancy some sew time with others.
Beginner sewist will get one made in the day more experienced could possibly make-up more.
Finished sizes of bags are as follows:
Extra Small (XS): 2-3/4in H x 3-1/2in W x 2-5/8in D
Small (S): 3-1/2in H x 4-1/2in W x 3-3/8in D
Medium (M): 4-1/4in H x 5-1/2in W x 4in D
Large (L)): 4-7/8in H x 6-1/2in W x 4-5/8in D
Extra Large (XL): 5-1/2in H x 7-1/2in W x 5in D
WHO’S IT FOR
- Those who are new to sewing but know their way around a sewing machine
- Those who are looking to increase their sewing skills and repertoire into bag making
- Bag Lovers & Sewcial Sewers
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to lay out your fabric and place your pattern
- Read and understand bag pattern terminology
- How to insert a zipper
- Use different interface mediums
- How to install bag hardware
- Bag construction tips
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Basic sewing kit- pins, bag clips, scissors
- FQ-50cm cotton fabric for outer -depending on the size you are making
- .FQ fabric for contrast
- Style Vil Foam for inner structure
- Co-ordinating thread
Optional extras available if required –metal handmade bag label.
We have a full range of fabrics and haberdashery if required and happy to help put a coordinating selection together with you to make a truly unique bag.
- Clam-up Bag Pattern worth £10.95
- Full use of the studio sewing machines
- Expert Tuition from Amanda Wyatt
- Lots of tea/coffee and a yummy slice of cake or two!
- COST – £50.00