- This event has passed.
Westalee Quilting-2 day Sampler Set Course
October 23, 2021 @ 10:00 am - October 24, 2021 @ 4:00 pm£130.00
Westalee Rulers can help transform your free-motion quilting by enabling you to undertake creative free-motion quilting in a controlled way on your domestic sewing machine. Using the rulers will help you to stitch a large range of beautiful patterns and designs usually reserved for Longarm machines.
2 Day Sampler Set Course – 10am – 4pm
A step on from the beginners 1 day workshop, the Sampler Set course is designed to help you get the most from the Sampler Set 1 (6 rulers). Each day we will explore three of the rulers in your Sampler Set plus the Starter ruler. You will be guided through a series of exercises and patterns, learn about marking out for accuracy and repetition and how to best manage a quilt on a domestic sewing machine.
With hands-on guidance and encouragement your confidence and knowledge will grow quickly, enabling you to explore and stitch out your our own designs in no time.
This course is designed to give you practical guidance and improved stitch technique rather than completing a finished item.
This course is NOT suitable for absolute beginners of Westalee Ruler work. I will not be covering basic machine set up. You should be comfortable fitting the Ruler Foot to your machine and able to stitch a basic straight line and curve as a minimum requirement.
To attend this class you will need the appropriate Westalee Ruler Foot, 12″ Arc Ruler, Spacing Gauge, Sampler Set 1 and an extension table for your machine.
Westalee Ruler Feet and Rulers can be purchased from Cotton Patch (www.cottonpatch.co.uk), where you will find a very useful ebook to help you to work out which is the correct version for your machine. Any query regarding the type of foot needed please contact Jayne on 0121 702 2840 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to help.
Once booked on a workshop Angela can offer you a discount code entitling you to 10% off Westalee products online at www.cottonpatch.co.uk
Cotton Patch also supply a range of Sew Steady extension tables for most makes and models of machines. These are made to order and imported from the USA and so can take up to 8 to 10 weeks to be delivered. Please bear this in mind if you need to order a table prior to attending a workshop.
BOOKING: Please contact each venue directly to book or visit their website for full details.
2 DAY SAMPLER SET COURSE
EQUIPMENT & MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sewing Machine with drop feed – if you have an electronic machine with stop/start button, please bring your foot pedal.
- Extension table for your machine (a flat bed is required, a curved table will not be suitable)
- Appropriate Westalee Ruler Foot & 12″ Arc Ruler (Starter Set: 11618/19/20/21)
- Westalee Spacing Gauge (11829 – purchase separately if not included in your Starter Set)
- Westalee Sampler Set 1 (11622/11623)
- 8 Point Crosshair Ruler or Rotation Bobs (for marking crosshair guidelines)
- 4 x Fat Quarter (0.5m) fabric/wadding sandwiches (2 per day)
- 2 x 10″-12″ fabric/wadding sandwiches (for testing/practise)
- Fabric marker pen/pencil(s) of your choice
- Regular quilting Ruler (size TBC)
PRE-COURSE PREP WORK:
Please sandwich the wadding between your fabric squares with right sides of fabric facing outwards.
Tack/baste (basting spray is fine) in preparation for quilting.