- This event has passed.
Weekend Bag Making- The Range Backpack
April 4, 2020 @ 10:00 am - April 5, 2020 @ 2:30 pm£89.00
The Friday bagineer workshops have been super popular, yet we realise not everyone has availability on a Friday.
So, we’re extra excited to bring you another scheduled weekend bagineer workshop. With two & half day tuition sessions, we think this will allow you time to enjoy your sewing project, take in new skills and learn lots, as sewing for a full day can be rather exhausting, guaranteeing you a gorgeous completed project to take home xx
This session we will be making the Range Back Pack from Noodlehead.
A useful and fun backpack to make! It’s not only great for any outing where you need to be hands free. The fold-over top and closure keep things secure, while the front zippered pocket keeps essentials within easy reach. Adjustable straps make it wearable in any season.
- fold over top with closure
- front exterior zippered pocket
- adjustable straps
- interior slip pocket
- hang loop
Skill Level: Intermediate, or adventurous Advanced Beginner
Finished Dimensions: Approx 15” tall (closed), 10 ½” wide x 4” deep (at base)
WHO’S IT FOR
- Those who are new to sewing but know their way around a sewing machine
- Those who are looking to increase their sewing skills and repertoire into bag making
- Bag Lovers & Sewcial Sewers
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to lay out your fabric and place your pattern
- Read and understand bag pattern terminology
- How to insert a zipped pocket
- Use different interface mediums
- How to install bag hardware
- Bag construction tips
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Basic sewing kit- pins, bag clips, scissors
- .50cm -75cm cotton fabric for outer -depending on width of fabric you choose
- .50cm fabric for contrast base
- 1.25m cotton for lining
- Co-ordinating thread
Optional extras available if required – metal handmade bag label.
We have a full range of fabrics and haberdashery if required and happy to help put a coordinating selection together with you to make a truly unique bag.
We have put the essential kits together for you
- 2m Medium-Weight Fusible Interfacing
- 1m fusible fleece
- (2) 1 ½”-wide rectangle rings
- (2) 1 ½”-wide strap sliders
- (1) 8” zipper for front zippered pocket
- (2) 1″-wide d-rings
- Range Back Pack Pattern worth £9.95
- Full use of the studio sewing machines
- Expert Tuition from Amanda Wyatt
- Lots of tea/coffee and a yummy slice of cake or two!
- COST – £89.00