- This event has passed.
Weekend Bag Making – Companion Carpet Bag
February 29, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until March 1, 2020
The Companion Carpet Bag
The Friday bagineer workshops have been super popular, yet we realise not everyone has availability on a Friday.
So, we’re extra excited to bring you this first of a few scheduled weekend bagineer workshops. To start off with we are offering the chance to make the amazing Companion Carpet bag from Mrs H. This beauty has been a real popular beauty and perfect for A fabulous all-round bag for many occasions. Perfect for showing off large bold prints and contrasting though the gusset area off the bag…
Believe it or not this bag IS beginner friendly. Main features of this bag include, a full width front outside pocket held securely with magnetic snap, one inside zip pocket as well as slip pocket. All finished off with a tubular frame that distinguishes this bags identity.
Choose from three sizes
Finished size: bag
Small – W 12″ x H 8″ x D 6″ (30.5cm x 20cm x 15cm)
Large – W 16″ x H 10″ x D 6″ (41cm x 25cm x 15cm)
Super Large – W 20” x H 12 x D 6” – perfect for a weekend away bag
We’ve allocated two half day tuition sessions, as sewing for a full day can be rather exhausting. We’d rather you be relaxed, have time to learn lots and thoroughly enjoy your sewing, guaranteeing you a gorgeous completed project to take home xx
WHO’S IT FOR
- Those who are new to sewing but know their way around a sewing machine
- Those who are looking to increase their sewing skills and repertoire into bag making
- Bag Lovers & Sewcial Sewers
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to lay out your fabric and place your pattern
- Read and understand bag pattern terminology
- How to insert a zipped pocket
- Use different interface mediums
- How to install bag hardware
- Bag construction tips
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Basic sewing kit- pins, bag clips, scissors
- FQ-50cm cotton fabric for outer -depending on the size you are making
- .40cm fabric for contrast
- 75cm -1.25m cotton for lining
- Co-coordinating thread
Optional extras available if required – bag feet, handle connectors, pre-formed bag handles, metal handmade bag label.
We have a full range of fabrics and haberdashery if required and happy to help put a coordinating selection together with you to make a truly unique bag.
We have put the essential kits together for you
- 1m of bag foam
- 2m of medium weight interfacing
- X1 bag frame – please let us know the size of frame you would like to work on at time of booking.
- X1 zipper
- X1 magnetic snap
- Mrs H Pattern worth £9.50
- Full use of the studio sewing machines
- Expert Tuition from Amanda Wyatt
- Lots of tea/coffee and a yummy slice of cake or two!
- COST – £89.00 ( additional surcharge of £5.00 if you wish to make the super size bag)