- This event has passed.
November 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£65.00
Another workshop specifically designed for the young creative TEEN sewists’.
These workshops are scheduled approx. every 6-7 weeks and are designed to build and develop young creative skills, whilst building some staple wardrobe items and/or with usable project items.
In these session we will be making projects pitched at the level of the Sewist – Some of these have been with us for a while now and have developed their skills to ahigh standard and we will be starting a Denim Jacket !!!
For those that have enquired or are moving up for the after school club, will be completing simpler projects such as PJ bottoms and Tee’s
WHO’S IT FOR
– Workshops are aimed at teenagers between 13-19,
– Young creatives exploring textile and studying textiles at GCSE level
– Young Sewists who requiring confidence building and support within a small group environment
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Choosing Fabric Types
– Reading Patterns and choosing the correct size; looking at positive body image areas
– Pattern Layout
– How to create beautiful seams
– Top Stitch
– Apply finishing techniques
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
– A basic Sewing kit- Scissors, pins, marking tools etc.
– Fabric – That we will recommend for your project
– Packed Lunch- or £5.00 for a burger takeaway
– Full use of Sewcial Studio machines
– Bag Pattern worth £10.95
– Expert Tuition from Amanda
– Lots of refreshments and biscuits