- This event has passed.
Teens Sewing – Loungewear Robe
June 11, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm£65.00
Sewing-Teen…The Loungewear Robe
We are bursting to bring you another workshops specifically designed for the young creative TEEN sewists’.
These workshops are scheduled approx. every 6-7 weeks and are designed to build and develop young creative skills, whilst building some staple wardrobe items and/or with usable project items.
In this session we will be making The Loungewear Robe – perfect for teaming up with our previous make of the shortie Pj set – lots of great skills to be gained with piping and French seams oh and a bit of top stitching. What a perfect confidence booster to leave with a complete item.
WHO’S IT FOR
– Workshops are aimed at teenagers between 13-19,
– Young creatives exploring textile and studying textiles at GCSE level
– Young Sewists who requiring confidence building and support within a small group environment
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Choosing Fabric Types
– Reading Patterns and choosing the correct size; looking at positive body image areas
– Pattern Layout
– How to create beautiful seams
– Top Stitch
– Apply finishing techniques
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
– A basic Sewing kit- Scissors, pins, marking tools etc.
– Fabric – That we will recommend for your project
– Packed Lunch- or £5.00 for a burger takeaway
– Full use of Sewcial Studio machines
– Loungewear Pattern worth £17.95
– Expert Tuition from Amanda
– Lots of refreshments and biscuits