- This event has passed.
Snuggly Stylish Sweater Dress
January 29, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm£75.00
Get Snuggly and stylish in a new sweater dress this season- chose between the Billie or Pembroke
A great sew for the beginner dressmaker or those dipping into the world of jersey and sweater knits.
Choose from two designs to keep you toasty, both patterns are straightforward makes and perfect for sewists of all levels who want to try their hand at sewing knits.
Billie- Keep it simple with cuffed straight or add some drama with balloon style sleeves. Dress is designed to sit 4” above the knee-
Pattern makes up in sizes UK 6-24 Bust size 30”- 48”
Pembroke-Iconic tee shirt style dress featuring three neck options – scoop, jewel or turtleneck, Cuffed or hemmed sleeves.
Pattern makes up in sizes 12-28 with Cup sizes C-H 38 ¾ – 54 ¾
WHO’S IT FOR
- Those who know their way around a sewing machine
- Beginners who have made a couple of projects previously (not necessarily dress making) and those venturing into the world of stretch fabric.
- Those wishing to gain basic garment construction
- Those who wish to develop their skills and techniques using and over-locker (optional)
- Anyone who like being a Sewcial Sewist
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to choose your size and interpret pattern terminology
- How to cut out your fabric and assess the stretch
- How to sew stretch fabric on a regular sewing machine or over-locker
- How to add a neckband and cuff using the same or a ribbed fabric
- How to sew and optional regular hem in a stretch fabric
- How to use a twin needle on a stretch fabric
- Pattern placement and cutting layouts
- Garment construction
- Lots of hints and tips sewing stretch fabrics
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Billie 2.1m- 2.8m depending on size and style of stretch fabric with at least 15% stretch
Pembroke- 1.7- 3.5m depending on size and style
Fabric types recommended include – Ponte Roma, Scuba jersey, interlock jersey, cotton and sweater knits, French terry, Sweat shirting- fleece back or loop back – we have a vast range of jersey’s in the studio if required and happy to advice.
Pattern worth £16.50 -17.95
Full use of the studio sewing machines
Expert Tuition from Amanda Wyatt
Lots of tea/coffee and a yummy slice of cake!