- This event has passed.
Sewing For Teens – Jamie PJ’s
October 24, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm£55.00
Sewing Teen…feel the beat
We are bursting to bring you our new line of sewing workshops specifically designed for the young creative TEEN sewist.
These workshops will be scheduled approx. every 6-7 weeks and are designed to build and develop young creative skills, whilst building some staple wardrobe items and/or with usable project items.
Items will include:
Sweatshirt- leggings-Make-up Bag- PJ’s- Sweatpants/Joggers- T shirt- Lace Knickers-Backpack- Pinafore Dress- Box jacket and so much more
Our first session will- be the Jamie PJ bottoms from Tilly & the Button, a perfect pattern for newbie sewists and confidence boosting to leave with a complete item
WHO’S IT FOR
– Workshops are aimed at teenagers between 13-19,
– Young creatives exploring textile and studying textiles at GCSE level
– Young Sewists who requiring confidence building and support within a small group environment
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Choosing Fabrics Types
– Reading Patterns and choosing the correct size; looking at positive body image areas
– Pattern Layout
– How to create beautiful seams
– Complete buttonholes
-Insert elastic and apply finishing techniques
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
– A basic Sewing kit- Scissors, pins, marking tools etc.
– Approx 2- 2.5metres of fabric – such as light- to medium-weight woven fabrics such as cotton lawn, shirting, “quilting cotton”, flannel, double gauze and viscose (rayon).
– Packed Lunch- cup/mug beaker for hot drinks
– Face covering
– Full use of Sewcial Studio machines
– Jamie Pattern worth £15.50
– Expert Tuition from Amanda
– Lots of refreshments and biscuits