- This event has passed.
Sewing For Teens – The Sweatshirt Hoodie
December 12, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm£60.00
Sewing Teen…feel the beat
We are bursting to bring you our new line of sewing workshops specifically designed for the young creative TEEN sewist.
These workshops will be scheduled approx. every 6-7 weeks and are designed to build and develop young creative skills, whilst building some staple wardrobe items and/or with usable project items.
Items will include:
Sweatshirt- leggings-Make-up Bag- PJ’s- Sweatpants/Joggers- T shirt- Lace Knickers-Backpack- Pinafore Dress- Box jacket and so much more
This session we will be making a Sweatshirt Hoodie, with contrast lining in the hood -a perfect pattern for newbie sewists and confidence boosting to leave with a complete item
WHO’S IT FOR
– Workshops are aimed at teenagers between 13-19,
– Young creatives exploring textile and studying textiles at GCSE level
– Young Sewists who requiring confidence building and support within a small group environment
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
– Choosing Fabrics Types
– Reading Patterns and choosing the correct size; looking at positive body image areas
– Pattern Layout
– Cutting your fabric accurately
– How to create beautiful seams
– Complete buttonholes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
– A basic Sewing kit- Scissors, pins, marking tools etc.
– Approx 1.6metres of sweat shirting fabric and approx .50-60cm of cotton jersey fabric for hood lining
– Packed Lunch- cup/mug beaker for hot drinks
– Face covering
– Full use of Sewcial Studio machines
– Hoody Pattern worth £15.50
– Expert Tuition from Amanda
– Lots of refreshments and biscuits