- This event has passed.
July 24, 2021 @ 10:00 am - July 25, 2021 @ 3:00 pm£89.00
Friday bagineer workshops have been super popular, yet we realise not everyone has availability to join us on a Friday.
So, we’re extra excited to bring you a dedicated weekend bagineer workshop. A full day Sew can be rather exhausting, so this is a two-half day tuition session, to allow you time to enjoy your project, take in new skills, guaranteeing you a gorgeous completed project to take home xx
In this session we will be making the Sand hill Sling from Noodlehead.
The Sandhill Sling is the ideal bag to carry your daily necessities or to take for day trips out. It’s a convenient sling design, allowing easy access as well as being out of the way when you’re not using it. Compact, yet roomy enough for all your essentials.
APPROX FINISHED SIZE : 7” wide by 3” deep, 11” tall [17.8 cm x 7.6 cm x 28 cm])
- Zipped top closure.
- Front exterior zippered pocket
- Adjustable straps
- Interior elasticated slip pocket
Skill Level Confident Beginner- you should know your way around a sewing machine and have a couple of sewing projects under your belt to complete this project.
WHO’S IT FOR
- Those who are new to sewing but know their way around a sewing machine.
- Those who are looking to increase their sewing skills and repertoire into bag making.
- Bag Lovers & Sewcial Sewers
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to lay out your fabric and place your pattern
- Read and understand bag pattern terminology.
- How to insert a zipped pocket
- Use different interface mediums.
- How to install bag hardware
- Bag construction tips
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Basic sewing kit- pins, bag clips, scissors
- .50cm cotton canvas or waterproof fabric for outer – .75cm if using a quilt cotton
- .50cm cotton for lining
- Co-ordinating thread
- Face covering-Packed Lunch- Mug/cup for Drinks
We have a full range of fabrics and haberdashery if required and happy to help put a coordinating selection together with you to make a truly unique bag.
To make it easier and more time effective we have made pattern pieces for you and will be allocated prior to the workshop if you wish to cut out before the day
.75cm Cotton Fusible Interfacing
- .25cm fusible fleece or Interface for lining
- (1) 1 -wide rectangle rings
- (1) 1 ½”-wide strap sliders
- (2) #5 zipper and X3 Pully for front pocket & top closure
- (1) 1 1/2″-Swivel clasp
- Sandhill Sling Pattern worth £10.50
- Full use of the studio sewing machines.
- Expert Tuition from Amanda Wyatt
- Lots of tea/coffee and Biscuits!
- COST – £89.00