- This event has passed.
Midland Bag Makers Meet-Up
January 28, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm£15.00
What’s Your Favourite Bag Patterns?
Come share your love of bag making or get inspired with something new. We are so very pleased to introduce The Midlands Bag Makers Meet-up group.
A monthly session devoted to making anything pretty, useful and serves a purpose for storing things in! Think pods, bowls, totes, purses, wallets, bags, caddies, holdalls and so much more.
The Midland’s Bag Makers group offers the opportunity for bag making enthusiasts a mixture of sew-your-own with a sprinkle of traditional workshop sessions. You choose your own project and sew at your own speed, but also gain new skills from demos, hints, tips and techniques throughout. Oh and of course there’s the Sewcial bit with your fellow bagineers.
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Perfect intro for beginners… thinking of starting to sew or just started to dabble, then let us get you started by matching the ideal project with your level and needs.
- Those who fancy a bit of a change in their sewing journey
- Seasoned bag makers who love to share their experiences
WHAT WILL I SEW?
- Okay, so you won’t finish a bag in the two and half hours but that’s cool, it’s about pleasure, skill building and enjoying the company of like-minded peeps.
- You can use the session to get organised and cut out your pieces (there can be quite a bit in a bag, what with main fabric, lining, interfacing and stabilisers) we can make this less daunting.
- Don’t know where to start – don’t worry, we can show you all levels of projects to start on – there will be a bag at the end of your Bagineer experience.
- Midland Bag Makers workshops will be held on the last Tuesday of the month.
- Each month there will be a new project sampler to give you ideas for future projects.
- Discounted Fun kits to make at home with your new-found love and skill set.
2.5 hours of unadulterated YOU sewing time
Use of studio equipment, tools and machines
Lots and lots of tea/coffee and yummy cake