- This event has passed.
August 20, 2022 @ 10:00 am - August 21, 2022 @ 5:00 pm£125.00 – £225.00
Thought to be the Holy Grail of sewing- maybe not quite but still a substantial make to have on your tick list of me-mades and be proud about them.
Join us for a 2-day workshop with Guest Tutor Emma Smith.
The workshop will focus on the construction techniques involved plus resolving some common fitting issues.
Choose from the following patterns:
Ginger or Morgan Jeans – Both from Closet Core Patterns
Ginger Jeans are the daily staple you’ll reach for again and again. View A features a comfortable low rise with narrow legs. View B is sexy and high-waisted with skinny legs and a tummy-slimming pocket stay.
Morgan, slim boyfriend jeans designed for non-stretch & selvedge denim. Inspired by old school denim style but with a fresh, modern cut, Morgan Jeans are engineered to flatter. Featuring a mid-rise, traditional five pocket construction, contoured waistband, tapered leg and button fly
Ames Jeans – Cashmerette
These 5-pocket wardrobe essentials are the real deal, with features like rivets, belt loops and a fly front. When it comes to jeans, perfect fit is a must. Get the look you love tailored for apple or pear shapes, with two leg options –
Dawn Jeans – Megan Nielsen
A Classic high waisted rigid jean pattern set. Includes four cuts and multiple lengths for tall, regular and cropped. Pattern features a high rise to sit on the natural waist, button fly, close fit through the waist and hips and classic jeans details.
Who’s It For?
- Confident sewists that have made a number of garments and can follow a pattern
- Those looking to challenge themselves and up their sewing skills
- Sewcial Sewists
What’s Your Will Learn
- Simple pattern adjustments to tweak the fit of the paper pattern to your body measurements
- How cut and sew heavy fabrics like denim and twill
- How to insert a fly zip with step by step instructions
- How to fit jeans to your body
- How to master top stitching and seam finishing
- How to add hardware
What Your will need
- Basic sewing kit – to include Scissors, Pins, Marking tools such ad chalk pens/wheels
- Packed lunch
- Fabric requirements-1.5-2.5m denim, cord or twill fabric – the amount will depend on the pattern chosen and size (ginger & Ames both require a stretch Denim.
- Approx .50cm of cotton lining for pockets.
- We have a wide range available in the studio and happy to advise. Please refer to the pattern for information and contact us with any queries.
- Your pattern and instructions worth up to £18.99
- Interfacing as required
- A Jeans Zip, blue, black or taupe
- Top stitching thread in selected colours – if you are working with a specific colour fabric and require the same for top stitch thread, we recommend bringing your own or contact prior to see if we have this in stock
- A jeans button in silver and bronze options
- Use of overlockers and machines
- Lots of Tea/coffee – biscuits and cake to keep you sewing
we’ve given you the option to spread the cost with a deposit and then the balance to be aid 2 weeks before the class