- This event has passed.
Intro into Dressmaking-Simple Top X3 Session
September 13, 2022 @ 6:15 pm - 9:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:15 pm on Tuesday, repeating until September 27, 2022
Intro into Dressmaking – 3 evening sessions
Welcome to our intro into dress making sessions. We have put together a programme of workshops perfect for Beginner or returning Sewists to build skills and confidence to create and make essential wardrobe basics.
These sessions will be held on a Tuesday Evening, with each garment piece taking approx. 3 weeks to complete.
A great place to Start is a Simple Shell top, always a great staple and can be mixed and match with your existing items,
Stevie – Tilly & Buttons
With no darts, zips or set-in sleeves, Stevie is a satisfyingly quick and easy make – yay! Stevie has a modern, boxy fit, with round neckline and kimono style sleeves, closing at the back with pretty ties or button loop. optional turn-up cuffs and patch pocket. This pattern also extends to a tunic style dress!
Montrose – Cashmerette
Montrose top is a body-skimming woven top with two options: View A with short sleeves, a scoop neck, and a back yolk, and View B with three-quarter-length sleeves, a jewel neckline, and a keyhole back fastened with a button. It comes in sizes 12-28 with three cup size options, C/D, E/F, and G/H.
Verdun Woven Tee – Liesl & Co
The Verdun makes a relaxed-fit woven T-shirt with dropped shoulders, a flattering shape, a faced hem that is longer in back than in the front, and a scooped neck with facing. View A includes cut-on short sleeves and a front pocket while View B has a V-notched neckline and long sleeves. This pattern includes cup sizes to help you get the perfect fit.
Bust range – 31.1/2 – 46 finished 36 ½ -51”
WHO’S IT FOR?
• Beginner Sewists, who know how to thread a machine and looking for projects to sew
- Sewists returning to sewing after a break and wish to refresh technics and knowledge
- Sewists who are looking to add more basics to their wardrobe … more cake less frosting!
• Perfect if you’ve not sewn with an independent pattern designer before.
• Sewcial Sewists
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• Measure and choosing your correct size
• Pattern & fabric layout
• How to read pattern marking and pattern terminology
• Straight and French seam sewing
• Creating neat facings and bias edges
• Top stitch techniques
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Basic sewing kit – scissors, pins, marking tools/pens pencils
• Depending on size and pattern choice you will need approx. 1.25 to 2 mtrs of light to medium weight fabric (Cotton Lawn, Viscose, Rayon, Voile, Chambray, Light Weight Crepe or Linen, Double Gauze), we carry a full range of fabrics at the studio and will be happy to advise.
• Matching thread.
• Your chosen pattern worth up to 17.99 to take home to make more fabulous tops
Tracing paper if required
- Ridiculous amounts of Delicious yummy Cake, Tea/Coffee