- This event has passed.
Friday Bagineers Club
September 24, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£28.00
We’re so excited about starting this weekly group session up again. Fully devoted making bags or generally anything pretty, useful and serves a purpose for storing things in! Think pods, bowls, totes, purses, wallets, bags, caddies, holdalls and yet so much more.
The Friday Sewcial Bagineer group offers a mixture of sew-your-own and traditional workshop sessions. You choose your own project and sew at your own speed, but also gain new skills from demos, hints, tips and techniques throughout. Oh and of course there’s the Sewcial bit with your fellow bagineers. As we are all adapting to a new normal there will be some new codes of health & safety to adhere to, which will help to keep us all safe without comprising the good bits of sewcial sewing.
These sessions will be held every fortnight on a Friday giving you the opportunity to spend quality YOU time on your individual project with the guidance and tuition from Amanda. Gain new skills and Ideas from demos, hints, tips and techniques throughout. Oh and of course there’s the Sewcial bit with your fellow crafters.
WHO’S IT FOR?
- Perfect intro for beginner Sewists exploring different sewing genres.
- Those thinking of starting patchwork, bag making or just started to dabble in general sewing.
- Let us get you started by matching the ideal project with your level and needs.
- Those who fancy a bit of a change in their sewing journey.
- Sewcial Sewists
WHAT WILL I SEW?
- Okay so you we may not necessarily finish your full project in one session, but that’s cool, it’s about pleasure, skill building and enjoying the company of like-minded peeps.
- Here’s a taste of some of the ideas we have up our quilt! – jelly rolls and layer cakes what to make, explore diamond chevron, Foundation paper piecing, Applique, zips insertion, applying bag hardware and much much more
- Don’t know where to start – don’t worry, we can show you all levels of projects to start on .
- 3 hours of unadulterated YOU sewing time
- Use of studio equipment, tools and machines.
- Lots and lots of tea/coffee and yummy cake
Cost £28.00 per person