- This event has passed.
May 22, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm£75.00
A Skirt has to be one of our wardrobe essentials, from office to casual or evening wear. Team it with a tee, blouse, jumper or sweat then finish your look with flats, trainers, heel or boots, sorted!
The Fiore Skirt is part of Closet Core Pattern Rome Collection. A chic, high-waisted A-line skirt with just the right amount of flare and volume.
Beginner-friendly with multiple variations, this elevated basic has tons of outfit potential.
Available in above or below the knee lengths.
Three views to choose from.
View A is a simple flared skirt with an invisible zipper at the back.
View B is an asymmetrical wrap skirt with a single hip pocket.
View C buttons up the front with curved patch pockets.
FINISHED WAIST SIZE 25” 40”
FINISHED HIP SIZE 42”- 57”
WHO’S IT FOR
Beginner Sewists requiring on hand support to build up their dressmaking skills, those who feel a little rusty and wish to pep up their skills and learn new techniques, or simply those who are building a handmade wardrobe and enjoy being Sewcial.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- How to choose your size from your pattern
- How to customise adjust your pattern for length of your skirt
- How to lay your fabric out and consider pattern placement including grainlines
- How to construct pockets
- Top stitch techniques
- How to insert a zip into your skirt
- How to produce buttonholes – View c
- How to attach a waist band
- How to create an even, neat hem
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Sewing kit – pins, scissors. Marking tools
- Lunch pack – mug/cup for drinks
- Fabric for your skirt – Depending on the view chosen – 1.4m -2m
All views can be made with crisp wovens such as linen, chambray, denim, twill, poplin, lightweight canvas, and structured cottons. Please note: Views A and B can also be made with drapier fabrics like rayon challis, tencel, or silk, but the patch pocket for View C should not be sewn with fluid fabrics.
Notions- 8“ zip – buttons interface and thread
*Plain fabrics or those with a random orientation design are easier to work.
We have a full range of fabrics and haberdashery at the studio and will be happy to advise on the type and amount required.
- Copy of your chosen pattern worth £17.95
- Fusible interfacingfor skirt waistband
- Use of all studioequipment and Elna sewing machines
- Tea/coffee andbiscuits