- This event has passed.
Fabulous Fitted Trousers- Charlotte Newland
November 2, 2019 @ 10:00 am - November 3, 2019 @ 5:30 pm£75.00 – £140.00
Looking to sew the perfect pair of fitted trousers? Then look no further.
Sewing a pair of trousers can be fairly straight forward…getting them to fit properly, well that can be a little more challenging. During this two-day workshop you will have trouser fitting expert Charlotte Newland, winner of the Sewing Bee 2016, to demystify those fitting nemesis and guide you through your toile on day 1 and construction requirements necessary to produce a stunning pair of fitted trousers on day 2.
Patterns we are recommending:
Closet Case-Sasha Trousers-a polished wardrobe staple. Featuring classic tailored details, a flattering mid-rise with a contour waistband, slim, tapered leg and a comfortable stretch fit, these are wear-everywhere pants that can easily move from day to night.
True Bias- Lander Pants – With a high waist and button fly, the Lander pattern is not only on trend, but also flattering and comfortable for all body types. The pattern includes front and back patch pockets, belt loops, and a straight fit through the legs.
Lisle & Co-Hollywood Trousers – Nicely fitted, moderately high-rise, wide-legged trousers will have you looking and feeling like a classic movie star. Includes a traditional zipper fly with fly shield, back darts and optional front pockets. These also the option of lining. The inseam on this pattern is moved forward for a better fit to give you truly professional, classically tailored trousers for every occasion.
WHO’S IT FOR
- Sewists who are looking to develop their sewing skills
- Sewists who are new to trouser making
- Sewists who have had trouser fitting issues previously
- Sewcial Sewists
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to make a toile
- How to make individual trouser fitting adjustments
- How to sew a zipped or button front fly (dependant on your pattern choice)
- How to sew a lined and interfaced waistband
- How to adjust the fit on the leg of the trouser
- Top stitching details where required
- Jetted or welt pockets depending on chosen pattern
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Sewing kit – scissors, pins marking tools matching thread for fabric, zip
- 1.5 – 2.5mt Fabric (2-way stretch woven fabrics with at least 20% crosswise stretch, such as stretch denim, twill, suiting & gabardine)
2.2- 2.75mt Medium to heavy weight fabrics with little to no stretch, such as twill, linen, corduroy and denim.
1.5-2.75mt of lightweight wool like wool suiting, tropical wool, and wool crepe. Also suitable for twills, fine-wale corduroy, and drapey canvas. Lining (optional): Cotton lawn, rayon lining
- Full use of studio sewing machines, over-lockers and cover machines
- Lots of fun and learning
- Delicious yummy cake and copious amounts of tea/coffee
- Cost £ 140