- This event has passed.
Create Your Perfect Fit Buddy
February 15, 2020 @ 9:30 am - February 16, 2020 @ 5:00 pm£100.00 – £175.00
Frustrated that you can never find patterns in styles you like and/or do you find your body is not a standard size?
Then join Sewing Guru Claire-Louise Hardie and learn how to tailor your adjustable mannequin to be your fit buddy and begin making garments exactly the way you want.
During this weekend course you will measure yourself and create your own body double mannequin based on your personal measurements.
The first part of the class will be dedicated to padding and shaping your mannequin to be the perfect fit buddy that you can take home.
Then through the art of pattern draping you will make a torso block tailored exactly to your own fit buddy.
This will teach you the basics of draping to create a dress (torso) pattern block, tailored specifically to your body.
From your block we’ll go on to make a fitted toile, and then alterations to the block will applied.
Using your pattern block and your mannequin you can begin to draft your own patterns in any style you like. It’s also a great tool for adjusting commercial patterns too.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly,
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to take your own accurate body measurements
- How to pad and shape your mannequin so it’s an accurate fit buddy
- How to drape a torso/dress block based on your own unique measurements
- Making a muslin or toile (a mock-up version of your pattern)
- Simple pattern adjustments and dart manipulations
WHAT YOU NEED
- Your mannequin/tailors dummy
- A well fitting spare bra.
- Sewing basics – scissors, pins, marking tools etc.
Expert instruction from Claire-Louise
Full use of studio machines.
Tracing paper, wadding and calico
Enough tea & coffee to sink the proverbial battleship + scrummy yummy cake!
We have given the option of securing your place with a deposit – all remaining payment must be made 14 day prior to the workshop