A fun workshop that will introduce you to a few new sewing techniques along the way! This evenng session is to make a pair of pretty woven cotton knickers edged in plush scalloped edge elastic.
During the class you will learn:
- How to sew lightweight fabrics
- How to sew a French seam
- How to insert elastic to waist and legs
- Ideas for embellishing your lingerie
This workshop requires basic sewing skills and most importantly for you to feel comfortable using a sewing machine as stitching elastic will be a new experience. It is recommend that you have a couple of sewing projects under your belt.
What is included?
- Your own copy of the sewing pattern (UK sizes 8 – 18) and written steps for you to keep
- A choice of elastic
- A selection of narrow lace trims and silk ribbons for embellishment
- Cotton jersey for the knicker gusset
- Use of all the sewing tools, equipment and sewing machines
- Tea/coffee and biscuits
What you need to bring?
- Your chosen woven cotton voile or lawn, 0.5m will be sufficient. You can also purchase fabric from the shop on the day.
- Matching thread
Your Tutor – Amanda Wyatt